Women’s Health Services at East Ringwood Clinic
All doctors at East Ringwood Clinic provide a comprehensive range of women’s health services including:
- contraceptive advice
- pap smears
- breast checks
- family planning advice
- sexual health screening / testing
- investigation and mangement of gynaecological symptoms
Additionally, some doctors have a special interest in Women’s Health, and offer the following Advanced Medical Services:
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) insertion and removal
- Implanon insertion and removal
- Antenatal Shared Care
Intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs) are small devices that are put into the uterus (womb).
- They are used as contraception (prevent pregnancy) and can also be used as a treatment for painful periods and/or excessive bleeding.
- Hormonal IUDs (MirenaTM) and non hormonal IUDs (Copper) are available.
- Both types are very effective, and can stay in place for five to eight years.
Intrauterine device (IUD) insertions and removals are performed by Dr Huei-Min Chen
- Implanon is a contraceptive rod which contains Etonogestrel (similar to a woman’s natural progesterone).
- The rod is 4cm long and 2mm thick, and looks like a uncooked spaghetti.
- It is inserted under the skin of the arm in a short procedure, and can easily be removed if required.
- It is a very efffective method of contraception (more than 99% effective), and is also convenient (lasts 3 years before change over).
Implanon implant insertions and removals are performed by Dr Huei-Min Chen
- Shared pregnancy care in conjuction with a public hospital
- Fewer out patient visits required and greater convenience.
Antenatal shared care is performed by Dr Michael Ziccone